Wednesday 23 November 2011

32 days before Christmas

Yep you heard me, 32 days before the big event and  I've come to the conclusion that I need to move a lot faster, if I want to get all my Christmas cards out this year. Most of my friends and family are overseas so I have to have at least their cards completed and sent within the next 2 weeks. Oh and did I mention that I have to make 38 of them!!!


So I wanted to make a card, that was easy, straight forward and didn't require alot of technique or material and this is what I came up with. I have put some super fine glitter in the middle of all the snowflakes but the camera hasn't really picked up on that.

Now I can honestly say, I hate the tradtional Christmas colours of red and green. I also spend ALOT of time coming up with a card. My fellow scrapper and friend Tracey, often laughs at how many "attempted" cards I make every year. And this year is no different. I adore the company called Stampin' Up (www.stampinup.com.au) and generally only use their products when making cards, as it comes out perfect everytime... well nearly, but I think that's sometimes more user error lol!!!

I'm also going to make some hand-stamped candles as Teachers presents this year and I think I'll be using the same stamp set (Snow Swirled is one of my favourite Christmas sets) and colours on those.

You never now I might try a red and green combination, just to be different !!!

Hugs,
Chlo

Ingredients

Cardstock: Concord Crush, Bashful Blue and Whisper White - Stampin' Up
Stamps Set: Snow Swirled - Stampin' Up
Ink: Concord Crush and Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up
Other: Bigshot, Cuttlebug Polka dot embossing folder, Super fine glitter and Kasiercraft silver rhinestones.

No comments :

Post a Comment