Saturday 3 March 2012

Scrapping in the dark?.... no problem!!!

Well last night I had my first Stampin' Up party in the evening. I was very excited and all organised in time (which makes a change lol). It was raining, but it didn't put me off. Got to my lovely hostess's house, met all her great friends, was all set to go when... the power went out!!!

So what could we do but get out the candles and scrap in the dark lol. This is the card we made.



Well actually, not quite. The one we did was in Wisteria Wonder instead of Riding Hood Red, as I knew the hostess liked that colour. But everything else was the same. I even taught the girls how to do the Two Step Stamping technique, which is how we got the little, lighter coloured flowers.

And when the lights finally came back on AFTER we had all finished the card (the timing couldn't have been any better) everyone's still loved amazing.... if maybe a little wonky lol.

Thanks for visiting,
Chlo

Ingredients

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive - Stampin' Up
Stamps: Vintage Vogue and All Holidays - Stampin' Up
Other yummys: Red buttons, vanilla bakers twine and cream pearls

2 comments :

  1. Very pretty, I love the colors and the pearls you added to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!! Perfect for Mother's Day and love the button! I use buttons and brads a lot! : )

    ReplyDelete