Sunday 14 April 2013

Something Old and Something New

I have no idea how it's happened but I have packets and packets of retired DSP sitting in my paper racks. OK so I say "I don't know how it happens" when really I do.... I admit I'm a paper hoarder!! there, I said it. I just can't bring myself to cut up all those gorgeous patterns and designs. I always think to myself, "What if I need that one for a something in particular?" or " I'll save it for a special occasion".

So, when a friend asked about making a retirement card for one of the preschool teachers, I offered to make it for her. I decided this was the special occasion I had been waiting for and as i was so very desperate to use the my new Stippled Blossom stamp set, I decided Paisley Petals DSP from last years catty would be perfect.


Pretty don't you think!! This type of card is called a 'Joy Fold' card. it's like two cards nesting inside each other.

As it was a retirement card and the rest of the staff had to fill it out, I thought this design would make it easier to add some extra flaps. It was also a great layout to enlarge. I actually ended up making it out of 12x12 cardstock.


I added just a little decoration on the inside, but not much as I needed to leave as much writing space as possible.

Oh and the flowers from 'Stippled Blossoms' are stamped in only two colours, Not Quite Navy and Bravo Burgundy. I just stamped the detail stamp in full colour and then the solid stamp was inked up and stamped off three times to lighten the colour. Neat hey!! And I've gotta say, this stamp set is better in real life. The flowers stamp out beautifully every time. I can't wait to use it again soon... in fact, maybe I have time now!!

But before I go, I want to give you guys a chance to help me with my DSP collection. For every online order I receive this week, I will send out a pack of 6"x 6" Designer Series Paper. You will get 12 sheets of one of the retired papers from last years catty, as a special thank you!! So why not place your order HERE, today!!

Have Fun,
Chlo



Ingredients

Ink- Not quite Navy, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso
Stamps - Stippled Blossoms and Petite Pairs
Cardstock - Early Espresso and Whisper White
DSP - Paisley Petals (R) and Neutrals Paper Stack.
Other - Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval Punch, twine, Faceted Buttons and pearls.

No comments :

Post a Comment