Tuesday 24 September 2013

There's just something about goldfish...

Anyone who knows me, knows I just love Goldfish. No idea what it is, but I just think they are so funny. When I was growing up, I had a tank full of Goldfish all called Bob!! I know, very original but easy to remember. My favourite ones were the really ugly ones with the big, puffy, swollen looking eyes. Just loved those poor little bug-eyed fish...

Anyway, what has this got to do with my latest card???? Well when I first got the our new Stampin' Up! catalogue I just fell in love with the single stamp 'Fishin' Around'. And then when I saw the suggested idea of filling a treat cup with water... well I was Hooked!!!


Isn't it such a clever little trick!! I've added some Champagne Glitter in the bottom of mine to look like sand, but beads would be great too... or even real sand!!!

The trick to sealing the water in the treat cup is to use a very good glue gun. You need a quick, constant stream of hot glue all around the age of the treat cup so the window sheet sticks to all of it. And that's really it. This card was so much fun to make and had a real WOW factor too. Just not sure how posting it will go ;-)

Have Fun,
Chlo



Ingredients

Ink: Smoky Slate and Black Stazon
Cardstock: Pool Party and Whisper White
Stamps: Yippee Skippy and Fishin' Around
Other: Epic Day DSP, Markers, Treat Cup, Window Sheet, Champagne Glass Glitter, Dot Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch, Pool Party Bakers Twine and Rhinestones

No comments :

Post a Comment