Monday 13 July 2015

Just Add Ink #270 - Christmas in July

So today I popped over to see what the JAI (Just Add Ink) girls had been up to and what this weeks inspiration was. Well I have to admit, when I realised it was Christmas in July I thought oh no!!

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/just-add-ink-270-inspiration-challenge.html

I'm so not ready for Christmas just yet, even if it is only Christmas in July. I also didn't think I had a Christmas stamp set to use. But after looking through my stash, I realised my favourite set from last years Holiday Catalogue had actually carried over to the new Annual Catty, Woo Hoo!!


I kept this card fairly simple but some how it came together beautifully and I don't think I would change anything. The two pieces of Glimmer paper came about because I didn't actually have one piece big enough (I told you I'm not ready yet!!) and I also couldn't decide which colour to use. I love it when two wrongs make a right!!

And out of all the images in this set, I couldn't go past adding the little snowman. He's super cute and with all this cold weather around, I thought he was rather appropriate!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments :

  1. This is just gorgeous Chlo! I love your use of the Crumbcake to enable the snow flakes to shine and your mix of red and silver glimmer is a great reflection of the challenge Photos too.Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink again this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous! I'm sooo not ready to even say the word this year! Maybe a good thing to get me cracking!
    Love the gold and red glimmer touches and the vignetting sponging effect is beautiful. A great Christmas in July card for the Wintery cold Aussie weather at the moment. Thanks for playing along to Just Add Ink this week, always nice to see your name. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and I thought you did the two tones of glitter paper on purpose. It looks amazing like that!! Fabulous idea having the kraft as the base colour for your card. It makes the gold embossing glow and the white snow and snowman really pop. A very glamorous Xmas card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little snow scene. But I really love how you have used the glitter paper. I think it really pops on this card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Chloe! Love how you've used two colours of glimmer paper (whatever the reason, LOL), and I like how the little snowman looks balanced on the snow. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Chloe! Those glimmer panels in the background are just lovely, a gorgeous classy christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chloe! I'm not ready for Christmas yet either... And not just because of the lack of current stamp sets! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this, Chloe. The gold trees look fab on crumb cake, the two coloured glimmer really adds wow & of course little snowman is too cute & definitely possible in Aus at the mo. Thanks for playing again at JAI this week. Di :-)

    ReplyDelete