Sunday 12 June 2016

Can You Case It #124 Sketch Challenge - Best Birds

http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=3239.
It's Sunday which usually means back to work Monday, but not this week as us Aussie's are enjoying a long weekend thanks to Queen Elizabeth!

And what better way to celebrate a long weekend, then to spend a few hours happily crafting away in the Closet. And to help me get motivated, we have a great sketch challenge with the Can You Case It guys.
http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=3239.
I have to admit, I've been looking forward to this weeks challenge as soon as I saw it. A water colour challenge is right up my street and this is my card:


Can we just start off right away by saying how much I love this new stamp set, Best Birds. I mean, I knew I would like it, but I'm completely, madly, hopelessly in love. Yep L.O.V.E!!! This really is everything you could wish for and more. The stamps are beautiful, the sentiments are gorgeous and the matching framelits are fabulous. Honestly, I can't wait to make more with this set.

I embossed the background with white embossing powder and then washed over it with our new in-colour Sweet Sugarplum. I also used Sweet Sugarplum on the darling little bird and paired it with Blushing Bride and Rose Red.

A couple of other new goodies to point out, our new narrower burlap ribbon and new white doilies both, I'm sure, I will need to order in bulk .
So, what are your plans for this gorgeous long weekend? I hope you find some time to join us in this weeks challenge as I would love to see what you have all created.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

4 comments :

  1. Hey there Chlo! When I first saw your card, I was like WOW!! It is so very pretty. I am going to a Stampin' Up event on Saturday, June 18. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering this Sweet Sugarplum color. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, this is totes fab! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very fun stamp set, Chloe, and I love your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Chloe. Soooo pretty and this wasn't even a stamp set I was considering. Lucky my good friend owns it.

    ReplyDelete