Thursday 10 November 2016

Onstage Display Cards Day 2 - Lift Me Up

Welcome back to day 2 of my share-fest. Today I'm sharing samples using the Lift Me Up stamp set and the matching framelits but only one of them is actually a card?!?

Let's start with the card first.
 Now when I first received this set, I loved all the hot air balloons in the set. They are so vintage and reminded me of one of my favourite Jules Verne books, Around the world in 80 days.

I then opened up the framelits and I was instantly in love with this gorgeous, intricate hot air balloon die. Whats even more exciting, is that there are other dies in the set that look like a curved band and these are for cutting paper and layering behind the balloon, which is what I did for this card.

I used some scraps of the Cupcakes and Carousel DSP and layered them behind the black die cut. Those clever peeps over at head office really do think of everything!!

Ok, so now for the non card that I made. Once I had started cutting a few of the gorgeous balloon die cuts, I instantly knew it would make a fantastic mobile for a little boy's room and that's exactly what I did.
 Gosh, this little stunner was hard to photograph. It would not stay still for a moment!! But I really was thrilled with how it turned out and I think it got a few "wow's" at Onstage too.

 To make the balloons, I cut three from each colour and used the fine tip glue pen to stick them together. I threaded cotton through the middle and then added a few of the die cut Dazzling Diamonds clouds to the top and bottom. Finally finished it all off with a pair of silver bells at the end of the cotton. These make a gorgeous sound in the breeze and they also add a little bit of weight to the mobile.

Now if you would like your own copy of the new Occasions catalogue, then please send me an email with you postal address and come the middle of Dec I will pop on in the post for you. Australian address only.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo







5 comments :

  1. I need a card for my great grandson. This would be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I wondered who made this. Too cute for words. It was great to meet you at On Stage in Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration! I love making Mobiles, and usually use bamboo sticks..I like the idea of the circle on top...and the glimmer clouds!
    (a little story if you become addicted to mobiles making: There is a fabulous mobile artist Alexander Calder that is famed for his contribution to the 'kinetic sculpture'...you mentioned it in your blog...about how it never stopped moving...all part of the beauty of it! Never the same, always beautiful.
    I was doing a children's art project mimicking famous artists when I heard of him and fell in love with these crazy mobiles...I've done Christmas ornaments, Easter Eggs with little scenes on them, One with the Celebrate Today balloons and a favourite of mine with a mixture of flat DSP and 3D hearts...I was really excited to see the airiness of these delicate balloons and excited to make one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love both of your projects! How did you make the background on your card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, simply beautiful card! Neat mobile project, too.

    ReplyDelete