Friday 2 December 2016

JAI Sketch Challenge #339 - Dragonfly Dreams

Happy Friday guys and welcome to another challenge with the Just Add Ink team.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2016/12/just-add-ink-339sketch.html
 This week we have a a fantastic sketch challenge that I really enjoyed. I also decided it was time to put the Christmas stamps away for a bit and crack open some new goodies. Here is this weeks sketch:

And for my card this week I went with the brand new stamp set called Dragonfly Dreams. This gorgeous set will be available in January in the new Occasions Catalogue.

I'm picking it now, that this set will be one of the most popular stamps of the catty. Oh and I forgot to mention, that it also has matching framelits. Winning!!

Now my inspiration for the card is actually from an upcoming birthday, that one of my dear friends if having soon. Her favourite colour is purple and she adores dragonflies.

I inked up my dragonfly with Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy. The second dragonfly is stamped on a window sheet with Stazon. Both are cut out with a matching framelit and glued together, just in the body, with a glue dot.

Ok so now it's over to you guys. Pop over to the JAI blog and check out all the other design team's cards. Geeze they are a talented bunch! And please find some time this week to take part. I would love to see what you come up with.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

8 comments :

  1. That dragonfly is magnificent! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, this is STUNNING! Gorgeous colour combo, and an all-round beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card! I really like how you coloured the dragonfly and I took your cue on the sentiment placement. Thanks for the lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the translucency you got using the window sheets Chloe absolutely fabulous effect for a dragonfly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pretty pretty. Love the window sheet layer! Nice touch of bling too.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning card Chloe! I love your soft and pretty colour combo and the delightful sparkle of the window sheets too is gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsa, how gorgeous is your dragonfly, Chloe. Love all the layers & the purples just look amazing.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite cards Chloe has made. Thank you very much...I love it

    ReplyDelete