Sunday 1 September 2013

Nappy Cakes and Baby Showers

Wow the first day of Spring and what better way to celebrate it then a Baby Shower!! My gorgeous Cousin is having her second baby in under 4 weeks time and yesterday her friend organised her baby shower.

Because we still don't know what baby no:2 is going to be, I decided that I would buy her pressies once bubs is here and we can choose a colour. So for the shower I still wanted to give her a little something and thought nappies would be ideal. Hey, I'm a mummy to three and I know you can NEVER have enough nappies lol. But instead of giving her a boring packet of nappies, I decided I would "Decorate" them in the only way I know how... Stampin' Up! style lol.


I have been wanting to make a Nappy Cake for ages, but never had a good excuse, until now that is. I can't believe how much fun it was to make and how easy it was too. I had so much fun putting it together and I have to admit, I didn't really want to leave it behind lol.


My cousin loved it, which is great as it was made for her in mind. I tried to keep everything as neutral as possible, but couldn't resist using our current in-colours as they are so soft and gorgeous. Oh and the Zoo Babies stamp set couldn't be more perfect for my creation. Just love those beautiful animals, I think the little Crocodile with the heart was my favourite, too cute!!

Ok, well I'm off to celebrate Father's day with me crazy family. I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush
Stamps: Zoo Babies
DSP: Silver Glimmer and Paper Stacks (R)
Other: Perfect Pennants Dies, Timeless Type Alpha Die (R), Brads, Straws and Small Heart Punch.



1 comment :

  1. How gorgeous and soooo clever. I'm glad you say it's easy. Next time I have a baby shower I may just give it a try. I have been quite reluctant in the past. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete