Thursday 7 November 2013

Christmas is coming...

So I was told that we have 7 weeks until Christmas... Wow, is it me or has this year really flown by. In fact just these last few months seem to have disappeared without a trace. Well I say without a trace but I guess I've been so busy with all my Christmas Classes, that I haven't really had much time to notice how quickly the big day is approaching.

Anyway, I thought it was about time that I started actually sharing with all of you, some of the Christmas cards my lovely girls have been getting to make.

So to kick it all off, I am going to share TWO cards with you. Well it's one design but two colour options.


I have got to say, these two are probably one of my favorite designs out of all the cards I have been making and I love it in both colours. I have used the absolutely gorgeous stamp set called Joyful Christmas and the Poinsettia stamp is stunning. Here in Australia, we find it hard to send Christmas cards that are snowy in theme, so this set is perfect for us, as all our Poinsettia are flowering this time of the year.

Here is a close up of the Cherry Cobbler one:


Anyone who knows me, knows I'm really not a huge fan of red and green. Though I really love how this card came out. I have also used the very shiny, Silver Encore ink which you can find in our Seasonal Catty. Did I mention it comes in gold too!!!


I always thought of Island Indigo to be a beachy, summer colour, until I saw it used in our new Winter Frost DSP (LOVE that paper too!!) But I have just fallen in love with it this Christmas and you will see it pop up again and again over the next few weeks. Oh and do you notice our new silver ribbon. It's so shiny and bright in real life. So gotta get me more of that!!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients

Ink: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler and Silver Encore
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Island Indigo, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Silver and Champagne Glimmer
Stamps: Joyful Christmas and Oh, Goodie.
Other: Faceted Buttons, Rhinestones, Old Olive Taffeta and Silver Ribbon

No comments :

Post a Comment