Monday 21 December 2015

Can You Case It #100 - Sketch Challenge


So as busy as I am with extended family staying, all the kids are on summer holidays and the mad rush of Christmas upon us, I did find time to make a card for Mr.5 to take to a Birthday party that he had coming up.

I've been a huge fan of the "Can You Case It" challenge blog and absolutely love what the Design Team come up with each week. When I popped over and saw the team had a two week sketch challenge up and running, in a blog hop style, I couldn't resist taking part.

Here is the sketch for this fortnight's challenge:
http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=2652

And this is my interruption:


This card was so quick to put together and with the help of the sketch I knew exactly what I was going to do.

Of course, when it comes to making cards for 6yr old boys, I can never pass up using the fantastic No Bones About it stamp set. And to make this one a little bit, extra special, I sprinkled some Glow-in-the-dark Embossing powder on to the dino skeleton!!! Yep, that stuff seriously exists and works a treat as my son and I discovered while hiding in his dark wardrobe with the card lol

I wanted to make the main banner part of the sketch stand out from the rest of the card and I thought using the Little Letter Thinlit dies and raising them up would be a great idea. Just adding a piece of Old Olive behind the black really made the whole thing pop.

So, the CYCI #100 sketch challenge is running for 2 weeks, so why not pencil in some "Me Time" and give the sketch a go. And if you don't have time to make anything, then grab yourself a cuppa and take a little tour of the Blog Hop. There is even blog candy up for grabs too.

Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas,
Chlo



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments :

  1. I love it I may have to get this set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chlo, I love this boy card. Great stamping! The birthday hat on the dinosaur is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card for a little guy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I just adore this stamp set. Love the background and the ROAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this and your work Chloe! What a take t you are. Thank you for you inspiration. I'm following your blog now so I don't miss a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chloe, such a cute card! I love how you did the RAWR! Thanks for joining us at CYCI 100th! Laura

    ReplyDelete