Saturday 4 September 2021

Just Add Ink #570 - Hats Off

 Ok so I know with lockdown, it's tricky to keep track of the days, but seriously how did Fathers day sneak up on us? And also, while I'm thinking about it, September!!

So while I found a present at the petrol station (he loves chocolate so it's all good!) I realised I was going to need to make a card for the kids. Now I could get them to make the card, but I've only just cleaned up my craft room and didn't feel like letting those hooligans in there.

Also, I saw the perfect colour challenge happening over at Just Add Ink and so I decided to run with that.

Coastal Cabana is my all time favourite SU colour (alongside Crumb Cake obviously) so I knew this challenge would be perfect.

 
So, I finally got to play with the Hat's Off bundle which is awesome. Great set for boys, young and old and perfect for my fathers day card.

It's a it tricky to see, but the blueish strip on top of the lack strip is actually a piece of rushed silver cardstock, which is in the holiday catalogue. It's shinier in real life but hard to capture in a photo. I find it hard to create mens cards without all the sparkly so using some foil cardstock is a good alternative.

Right, time to get this card written up and wrap the chocolate. At least I didn't eat it before he gets it this year.

Happy Crafting, 
Chlo

4 comments :

  1. Great card Chloe….lucky Carl that he will actually get unopened 🍫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this “Hats Off” card Chloe…clean fun and the foil is a great way to add some oomph! Lovely to see you pop up in the JAI gallery.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chloe, great card - lovely composition / layout. The stripes are great. Chantell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chlo, a colour challenge made for you! Fab Dad card. I love the block of stripes anchoring the card. Glad you played along this week.
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete