Wednesday 25 January 2017

Colour INKspiration Blog Hop #02 - Birthday Blooms


Welcome Wednesday and to my first Blog Hop with the Colour INKspiration gang!!

The Colour INKspiration Crew are a group of talented Australian and NZ Stampin' Up! Demonstrators that create projects based on colour swatches, inspired by Pinterest.

So here’s the info - Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm (AEDT), a new colour swatch will be uploaded to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group and the Colour INKspiration Crew will get the ball rolling by providing a blog hop for each challenge.

The best news is, because this is a Facebook group you don't actually need a blog to play along. Just simply upload your photo to our Facebook page. Awesome right!

Right, so whether you've just popped in from Rose Packer's amazing creation or you are one of my regulars, a big hello to you all. Let's start with seeing what this weeks inspiration picture and colours actually are:
I have to admit these colours are right up my street and I really couldn't want to get started. Now I know the Succulents are all the rage at the moment and our So Succulent Bundle is literally flying of the shelves, I decided to go a different route and I dug out an old faithful, Birthday Blooms:
I wanted a softer look with my watercolour and embossing, so I actually heat set the stamped image in clear powder and took my time building up the depth of colour.

I added a bit of colour to my background but I have to say I'm not sure I added to it of not. It's one of those times, when you can't make up your mind to do something and I really should have gone away for a little bit and them come back before making the decision. Not to worry, I'm sure the recipient will still love the card. Sometimes we are our own worse critics.
http://mypapercraftjourney.com/2017/01/25/colour-inkspiration-02/ 
Now it's time for you to continue the hop and head on over to check out Patrice Easton's gorgeous design. And remember to visit out fantastic FB page to see all the amazing creations and why not add yours while you're there!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo



Product List 
  

11 comments :

  1. Very pretty card Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chloe, thanks for sharing xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chloe. I love the strips of DSP and glimmer paper behind your panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower is just gorgeous. I love that set. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty flower ! Looks so soft and subtle in those colours Chloe !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love this bloom & I think the colour you added to the background is great - definitely added to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is your card. I love your colouring. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card and amazing colouring. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really must have another try of this technique Chloe, love the soft look of the white lines..Beautiful!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty Chloe! The colours are so lovely!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo pretty, love how you have applied these colours!

    ReplyDelete