Friday 7 July 2017

Product Showcase - Star of Light

Wow have I got a delight for you today!! After ummm over whether or not to buy the Star of Light stamp set and framelits, I gave in and ordered them. They arrived this afternoon and after 4 solid hours of play time I can honestly say I can't believe it took me so long to get them.

I absolutely adore this set and I think after you've seen the designs I've come up with today, you'll be adding this set to your next order.

Ok let me start with my cards. I made three cards all using the same mix of colours: Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake. Now usually I would have paired silver with these colours but I went out on a limb and chose gold. I was not disappointed!





How stunning are those cards. And the star die is amazing. I used my Precision plate to cut with the glimmer and foil cardstocks. The plate makes it so much easier to get the little bits out and when you use it with our gorgeous foil paper you don't get those ugly little dimples.

Ok so next I wanted to use this set to make a scrapbook page and I had the ideal photo in mind. It's a very old one of my brother and I playing in the snow one Christmas. I don't have many photos of my childhood due to a fire so this one is just that little bit extra special.


I did a little bit of smooshing for the background (You can find information on this technique HERE) in all of the three colours. I love how this faux watercolour background comes out each time.

Adding some of those gorgeous star die cuts in gold glimmer and a few little gold sequins just finished of the bling. Oh and I also gold embossed the little sentiment too.

So to finish of this spectacular product display I went down the 3D road and made a cute box and matching gift tag and a beautiful candle.


 Now anyone who knows me, knows that 3D items are not my strong point, especially boxes as they do involve a lot of maths and numbers and tricky stuff like that. But I always love seeing all the gorgeous gift boxes that people make and I think one day I'll try that. Well today was that day:

I have to say that I think the box is my favorite things that I made with this set and if I'm honest, the easiest too.

The box itself is made using the Envelope Punch Board. It was so quick and the box is a really great size. I wrapped strips of the new Shimmery ribbon around it and then I whipped up the gift tag with a few extra die cut pieces I had left out on my desk.

The candle was one I had found in a box while cleaning up and I had thought at the time, I must do something with that and so I did. I stamped the sentiment over an over again and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. It really does look gorgeous against the Navy.

Well that's it for me. I hope I have given you a few idea on how you use this stunning stamp set. I'm really did enjoy myself and can't wait to make a few more things for my up coming Christmas class.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

1 comment :

  1. Love everything about these projects! You may have convinced me to get this set!!

    ReplyDelete