Thursday 9 August 2012

Bye bye, Blushing Bride

I loved all of the 2010/2012 In-Colours, except Blushing Bride. Many of you will know this all ready as it's not a secret.

But lately I have come to like this dirty, pink colour. And to say farewell to it, I made a card using this colour and my most favourite retiring stamp set Vintage Vogue, for a party hosted by one of my great customers the lovely Brenda.


I am so sad to say good bye to this stamp set. I have used it so much and the cards always come out beautifully. In fact if you don't have this one, go and grab it while stocks last. You wont regret it!!

Oh and do you like the two toned flowers??? This is called the rock and rolling technique, except I have a cheats way of doing it. I stamp my flower in the lighter colour first and then instead of rolling the edges around the darker colour, I just use a stamping spot to wipe the edges like you would if you where using a sponge.

It gives the same effect without getting the wooden blocks dirty (which happens to me every time I do the normal Rock and Rolling effect).

Just a reminder, the Stampin Spots are also retiring!! I know... how could they! I love my spots and use them all the time.

So a quick recap, Vintage Vogue stamp set, the blushing bride ink and cardstock, the Stampin Spots and Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon are all going... But the Framelits are staying so that's one good thing :-)

Place an order with me quickly as the retirement list ends 31st Aug or until stocks last

Happy Stamping !!
Chlo

INGREDIENTS

Cardstock - Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Blushing Bride.
Ink - Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso
Stamp Set - Vintage Vogue and Just Believe
Other - Framelits Label Dies, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Dotty Embossing Folder and Rhinestones.

7 comments :

  1. Such pretty two-toned flowers!!and love the cheat on your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Chlo! I love the two tone flowers. The rock & roll technique looks so pretty. Hard to believe they are retiring the stamp spots?!? I have always loved the little pads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Chlo. I love this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the color combo and the layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete