Friday 23 November 2012

Candle Easel Card

I was visiting some of my favorite websites the other night, when I came across the most amazing card on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. I L.O.V.E Dawns site. She is so awesome and Super Duper Talented too.

Anyway, this card is a different take on the Easel card and a peek-a-boo card. Plus she puts a tealight in it too. Honestly it's so beautiful at night!!

So I knew I had to make this card for my gorgeous bestie Amy. She makes and sells her own candles and I knew this would be perfect as her Christmas Card this year... I hope your not peeking Amy lol!!


This is them open and standing up. The next photos are of the cards closed and laying flat. They are still the same size as a normal card and fit in an aveage sized envelop.



Mine are little different to Dawns as I had none of the goodies Dawn used (note to self, need more Stampin Up supplies!!) But you can pretty much use anything as long as the cut out, for the peek-a-boo part, isn't bigger then the fold on the Easel part.

But I know you all want to see what they look like at night, right??



Just remember to use a battery operated tealights and not a real one. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Cardstock and candles DON'T like each other!!!

And even the inside is pretty...


Anyway, the link to Dawn's site will take you direct to her video tutorial, with full details... I'm good to you, right!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients

Ink - Early Espresso Versamark
Stamps - Polar Party and Memorable Moments
Cardstock - Baja Breeze, Whisper White and Early Espresso
DSP - Floral District
Other - Vellum, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Label Collection Framelits, Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Jingle Bells, Rhinestones and Bakers Twine.

No comments :

Post a Comment