Sunday 17 January 2016

Can You Case It #103 - Black, White and Fun or Elegant

http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=2728

Happy Sunday Guys and here's to another Can You Case It? Challenge!! This week we have a colour theme for you all, but with a slight twist.

Our colours are Black and White, with either an element of Fun or Elegance!!

http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=2728                 http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=2728

 I'm not sure which area my card fulls in, but would guess it's more Elegant then fun:


I love doing the ombre technique with big stamps and thought the Just For You sentiment from Botanticals for You would be perfect for that technique. Now when I started to get all my supplies together to make this card, I realised I didn't own a Basic Grey stamp pad... I know right!! But after a wondering around my craft room, I suddenly realised I did have Basic Grey in our beautiful markers. Winning!!

So to get the ombre look, I first coloured in the middle of the stamp with my marker and then inked the top in Smokey Slate and the bottom with our Basic Black. I made sure to blurr the lines of each ink, so it looks like it's fading into the next colour.

To finish of the card, I of course added a little Wink to the sentiment and some tiny rhinestones to my punched out flowers.

Now it's over to you, to create and share your beautiful Black and White cards for this weeks challenge. Don't forget to also pop over and visit the other DT's cards to see what they have to share with us!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment :

  1. Love the idea of the way you did the card...sounds interesting...and the card is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete