Sunday 21 February 2016

Can you case it? #108 - Awesomely Artistic


I'm back with the CYCI? team this week after having a rest last week. Today we are bringing a sketch challenge for you all and I think it's going to be pretty popular.
Such a fantastic layout and I'm sure it can be used in so many different ways too. I did consider turning the sketch around and making it into a tall card, but then I had an incident with some steam from the microwave and ended up getting 2nd degree burns to my thumb and right hand. Turns out using scissors was a no no. Anyway, here is my card for this week:


When I started with the card (and realised I couldn't use scissors) I found that even though I liked everything about it, it didn't click for me and it was missing that "something". I decided to dig out my old Encore Gold ink and add a few of the splotch images from the Awesomely Artistic set, to my large circle... WOW, it really was amazing the difference that it made. It just finished it of beautifully.

I also wanted to use the gold glimmer for the hello sentiment, but it kept getting lost on the ribbon and DSP. So yet again, I added some gold splotches to the Early Espresso cardstock and, BAM, I'd nailed it!!

Oh and the dragonfly was fussy cutted out using my middle and pointer finger. Thank goodness you can't see how badly it turned out!

Well, why don't you pop over to the Can You Case It blog, take a look at what the other DT's have made and check out all the entries. There is bound to be heaps of inspiration for you and don't forget to leave some blog love as we like hearing from you all!!


Happy Crafting,
Chlo

No comments :

Post a Comment