Tuesday 6 September 2016

Can You Case it #136 Sketch Challenge - Happy Ornament

I'm super sad to announce that this is my last week of being on the Design Team for CYCI. I've absolutely loved being part of this team and I will be sad to say goodbye but I know I will be back to take part in lots of their challenge to come.

And so I leave on a sketch challenge, which are always my favorite, so that's kind of fitting.
http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=3406
This is going to be one popular challenge I'm sure of it and there is so much you can do with it too. Oh and the fact that you don't have to stick anything down straight is a huge plus in my book!! Ok so here is my card for this week:
I've been hanging out to use my new big ornament stamp called Happy Ornament, from the Holiday Catalogue. I've actually not come across any samples or other cards made with this stamp which I find really surprising. Maybe my card will be the start of a revolution!

I stamped the image onto a piece of water-colour paper and used a few different shade of purple to get the ombre effect. I then cut it out and popped it up on another piece of water-colour paper.

The actually idea of the layout came from another sample which is in the catalogue and on the same page as the happy ornament. I love the idea of stamping a sentiment over and over again to make my own DSP.

Can you see the stitching around the water-coloured paper?? That's my first attempt at machine sewing and I was pretty pleased with my effort. I'm sure there will be more of that to come!

Now it's time for you to head on over to check out all the gorgeous cards from the DT's and get your entry in too.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

9 comments :

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! This is fabulous Chloe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, huge thanks for being a part of the CYCI family! :) I wish you the best! :) The card is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chlo, Beautiful card! Love the large ornament stamp and the colors you used! Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to see you're leaving us, Chlo! Best of luck to you!!! And this card ROCKS! Love the no tradition color scheme!!!- Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! I love this big ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making your own background with stamps is wonderful! This stamp set is GREAT for the upcoming season! Thanks, Chloe!~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving CYCI, but so glad that we got to see your card this week. It is beautiful. I love that stamp, and you colored it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chloe...sad to see you leave! I love your card...the purples are gorgeous and I love the add of sparkle ~ Thanks for playing with us! ~Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card for your last inspiration contribution as a CYCI design team member. Go forth and stamp well! Rose.

    ReplyDelete