Monday 9 January 2012

Why are male cards so hard???

 Is it just me, or does anyone else out in the bloggy world have the same problem. It doesn't matter whether they are young boys, teenagers or for Dads and Grandpa's. I never have the slightest clue. I always end up using my star cutters and some sort of blue, green, red, brown or orange combination.

This card today is no different. My father in law turned 60 at the weekend and I wanted to make an extra special card for him. I have to admit, it came out better then I anticipated, but I'm still not wowed by it... Hopefully he is!!!




So any suggestions for male cards would be much appreciated!!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients

Cardstock: Concord Crush, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up, Silver Glitter -
Ink: Concord Crush, Bashful Blue and Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up
DSP - Concord Crush - Stampin' Up
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes and Petite Pairs - Stampin' Up
Other: Bigshot, Nestabilites Stars - Spellbinders, Square lattice Embossing folder - Stampin Up

5 comments :

  1. Hi Chloe!
    No, you're not the only one with a hard time making masculine cards....I actually dread when I have to but since I have 2 sons & a husband----it does come up quite often LOL!

    I think you did a fab job with this! I like the color combo you used & the cut out star...that's something I would never think of! I usually go for tree/nature sets when I have to make a card...colors will vary but the end result is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous masculine card! I love the stars and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just you! Male cards are super hard for me too. I think this one turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific card! I love the color combo and the stars! TFS!

    Miss Amber
    http://amberlycraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete