Friday 25 November 2011

It's a boy!!!

My cousin finally had her baby last week. Baby George Powell was born on 12/11/11. Almost an 11/11/11 baby!

All my family live in the UK and have been sending me heaps of photos of the little guy as they know how sad I am that I wont get to have a snuggle with him.

So I wanted to make a special card for him and couldn't help trying out my new Stampin' Up set called Button Buddies. OK, so I know the obvious choice to use for a baby card would be the rattle stamp that comes in the set, but the little Piggy is far to adorable to pass up. And I had been wanting a reason to use him ever since I first saw the stamps. I know most piggys are pink but this one is for a baby boy after all so I used Bashful Blue and a little Wild Wasabi for his ears.


I also used the Square lattice embossing folder. I'm always amazed at how different the paper looks once it's been embossed. I have to say I'm a little addicted to my Bigshot and use it for nearly every project.

Oh and I want to give a special shout out to all my American scrappers. Hope you all have a wondering Thanksgiving!!!

Hugs,
Chlo

Ingredients

Stamps: Button Buddies and Petite Pairs - Stampin' Up
Ink: Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue and Whisper White - Stampin' Up. Patterned paper - American Crafts.
Other: Bigshot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up, ribbon, floss, Wild Wasabi button - Stampin' Up.

No comments :

Post a Comment