Thursday 14 November 2013

Inspiration comes from the Strangest of Places - Get Well Soon

Something a little different today. This card isn't a Christmas card and I haven't used my Envelope Punch Board. I know, it's a shock lol

This is actually one of the cards my ladies having been making at class this month. We decided that we would make three cards that you don't always use (thankfully). One is a Sympathy, one is for a Wedding and the other is the card I'm sharing today which is a Get Well card.

These cards are the ones that might sit in your card box for ages, but when you need it, you need it straight away.


Gorgeous isn't it. I just LOVE these colours together. The actual card design is a case from a card that I've had booked mark for quite a while now. It's by the very lovely Sandy Mathis and you can see her gorgeous card right HERE!!. Sandy actually used different stamps and different colours, but the design and theme are the same. Why change such a gorgeous original I say!!

But the inspiration for the colour combo comes from a completely different place. In fact, it came from the most boring chore in the world. Bringing in the washing. Yep, i was taking a pair of Miss N's undies off the line and they where these exact same colours. I thought, wow, what a great combination, I wonder if I could turn it into a card... Honestly it's amazing where the the inspiration finds us sometimes.

Have fun,
Chlo

Ingredients
Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Papillon Potpourri and Delightful Dozen
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Perfect Plum, Early Espresso and Stazon Black
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Perfect Plum, Early Espresso and Whisper White
Other: Window Sheets, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Hexagon EF, Rhinestones and Sponge Daubers.

No comments :

Post a Comment