Sunday 26 July 2015

No Bones About It

Well it has been the weekend for Birthday cards that for sure. And to make matter just a little bit more tricky, 4 of the 5 cards where for boys!

Now I don't know why but my mind goes completely blank when it comes to male themed cards. It can't be because we don't have a lot of male themed stamps, because Stampin' Up! actually have a lot that can be used for the guys. I think it's because I love to bling up my cards as a kind of finishing off, and with guy cards, you kind of have to leave the blink out, making them feel... unfinished I guess.

Anyway, this card was for a little boy turning 6 and with most boys his age, he's totally into Dinosaurs. Thankfully my 'No Bones About It' set arrived last week, so I got stuck in:


I was actually really pleased how quickly this came together. I designed the "patterned paper" using two of the stamps in the set (Leaves and Footprints) and then made the card around that. This set has lots of little stamps that can be used in all kinds of ways, as well as some really awesome sentiments.

I love how you can use the skeleton of the Dino's with their bodies or on their own. It did make me wish that I had some embossing powder that glowed in the dark, as that would have looked amazing on the bones.... though maybe a little scary, but I'm pretty sure my Mr.6 would have loved that!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment