Thursday 16 June 2016

Happy Birthday Mumma - Baby Bear

When I went to Onstage Local in April and we got a hands on the annual catalogue, the very first stamp that stood out for me had to be Baby Bear. This three step stamp set is one of our many new photorealism stamps ( images that look like real photos) and it was of an old fashioned bear.

He really is gorgeous and you could hear gasps going up throughout the room, from other demos feeling the same way. He also has lots of very cute sentiments which could be used for all sorts of cards, but none of this is why I had to have him. I knew that there was one very special card that I would make with him and that was for my Mum, who has been a lover and collector of old bears for as long as I can remember. I knew this stamp set was made for her!!

Doesn't he come up beautifully!! The three different layers of his fur give him so much depth and texture.

This card is a CASE from the actual Annual Catalogue. Guy's you really need to use that thing when it comes for inspiration. Honestly all the hard work is done for us!!

Luckily for me, my gorgeous friend and Downline Robyn - Goldys Hooked On Stampin, actually won the stamp during Prize Patrol and I was allowed to use him, even before she did (that Goldy really is a good egg!!) My Mum's Birthday is the first week of June and she's in the UK so I had to get it in the mail fairly quickly.

The only colours I used for the bear himself is Crumb cake, stamped off once for stamp 1 and then stamped at full strength for stamp 2. Stamp 3 was stamped in full strength Early Espresso. I used the same technique (stamping off) for his bow, which was done in Watermelon Wonder.

So, he was sent off a little while ago and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he's arrived safe and sound as otherwise I would have just spoilt the surprise!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment