Saturday 5 January 2019

NEW Stampin' Blends Class January 2019 - Humming Along

I'm absolutely loving these school holidays and the fact I've been able to get into my craftroom more then usual, which means I've been able to get ahead on my classes for the next few months.

One class which I'll be rerunning this year is my very popular Blends Class. The girls have absolutely loved the class last year and I have a whole heap of new crafters signing up to attend this years class too.

My first class of the year is always a very easy card, just so I can teach the ladies the very basics of colouring and blending. Here are the two cards we will be making in January:


 I received the Humming Along stamp set at Onstage and I was so excited with it because I knew it would be a perfect set for people just trying out colouring with our amazing Blends.

I really love the line work on this little hummingbird and couldn't wait to start colouring him in. I suddenly wasn't sure exactly what colours hummingbirds are. I know they are a bright metallic blue and green but when I suddenly came to adding it on him, I wasn't sure where to start. So I did a quick Google search on hummingbirds and used that as my inspiration.



The colours on the Hibiscus came from my very own plant that sits in my front garden. Hibiscus come in so many colours that you really can't go wrong. Just remember, when adding depth or the darker shaded area, to think where you would actually see those deeper colours on a flower.

If you have started using our amazing Blends markers, I really urge you to give it a try. You honestly do get better with more practice and if your aren't sure which colours to get first, take a look at which stamp sets you have to colour and decide from there. Most people have flower stamps and so I always think you can never go wrong with a green and a pink combo!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment