Thursday 21 May 2020

Watercolour Blossoms - Many Layered Blossoms

I had so much fun creating this card. If you happened to catch me last Sunday on my Facebook live with my regular Sunday session you would have seen me pull out a brand new die from the upcoming Annual Catalogue. There was a card in the catalogue that inspired me to purchase the Many layered Blossoms die and so I decided to have a go at recreating it. I've got to say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


How gorgeous is it!! I grabbed a huge collection of inks, die cut the flowers from our watercolour paper and got painting. I decided to paint the fuller die with lighter shades of colour and then, with the thinner die, I painted it with a slightly deep shade, so it would stand out more.
When choosing which card base to place it on, I really couldn't decided between Petal Pink or Coastal Cabana, so I decided now would be a great time to try out a technique that I had seen Jennifer McGuire use. It's where you split the die cut in half so it can then be used to create two cards. Because this die is so large it was perfect for this technique. It also meant, I didn't have to choose, as I could create two cards!
This layered blossom die is absolutely stunning and there is so much potential with it. I really can't wait to play some more with it very soon.

If you would like your very own copy of the new catalogue and you don't already have a demo, then fill out the form found HERE and I will get one sent to you. Australian address only unfortunately.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

1 comment :

  1. I've seen some videos of people who are stamping images and the splitting them. This is the first I saw using that technique with a die. I love your cards! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete