Tuesday 2 June 2020

Cuppa and Card:Let's Celebrate You - Bloom & Grow

Today I get to share my fifth and final card for May's Card and Cuppa online class. The girls and I had so much fun with this class and it's great to still be able to craft together while still at home.

Because we have played with all the large bloom stamps in the set I thought it was time we highlighted some of the smaller stamps that sometimes get over looked. Today's card showcases those stamps perfectly.


How gorgeous are those little leaves! I used Purple Posy as my cardstock base, I decided to colour the leaves in colours that would coordinate. I chose to use Balmy Blue, Purple Posy, Old Olive and Crumb Cake. I know we haven't seen blue leaves before, but that's whats fun about it.

Am I the only person who finds stamping randomly really tricky?? I read something a few years ago about a process called the Creative Triangle. The idea is that the eye likes to see things in odd numbers, which is the reason why we use odd number of embellishments etc. So the creative triangle is similar. If you stamp your image in a triangle over and over again, you'll find the pattern is random but still pleasant to the eye. Maybe it's the symmetry? Anyway, that's how I stamped my background leaves. I stamped a triangle of three first and then kept creating more triangles. I have to admit, I think it worked really well.

Well that's it for May's Cuppa and Cards. Next month my online class will be all about the stamp set called Under My Umbrella. If you did want to join the class, there is still time to order the Bundle. All the details can be found HERE.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment