Tuesday 2 June 2020

Just Add Ink #507 - Sketch Challenge

So two posts in one day is pretty special but when I saw the Just Add Ink Challenge this week I couldn't help but take part.

I can't believe it's been over a year since I was actually on the Just Add Ink team and I sure do miss those girls. They have a fantastic sketch challenge happening at the moment and I instantly knew what I was going to do.

I love this card. It's so simple and those colours are not something I would usually pick to go together but it all just works so well. I've also been dying to use our new gold hoops, wooden embellishments and gold foil leaves, so today was perfect.

When I was laying some of my strips together, I found I got some Tombow leak through the sides and it made the edges look a bit dirty. So I just used some of the leftover off cut strips and layered them on top. The strips actually stood out like a 3D layer, which turned out even better then before. Sometimes a mistake really is just a reason to embellish!

So, if you are looking for some inspiration then make sure you pop over and check out the Just Add Ink challenge blog page. So much to get you in the crafty mood!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List

5 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous Chloe! Love the bright fun colours. The extra layering of the coloured strips looks fantasic and I relly love the 3-D effect that it gives. The finishing touches of the gold elements and the In Good Taste embellishments really bring the whole card together. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink and we miss you too xo. Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Absolutely loving your bright fun creations of late Chloe. Such a fun and fabulous use of the sketch and lovely to see you pop up in the gallery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, Chlo. The graphic layered scrappy strips look awesome (love a happy accident) work so well with the wooden & metallic elements. Glad you could play along with the sketch challenge.
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Hi Chloe! What a fun and colourful card. I like how you have used all the embellishments. Lovely see have you joining us. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, we miss you, too! Your card is fabulous! I noticed the 3D effect straight away, but never would have guessed that it was to hide a boo-boo. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink again x

    ReplyDelete