Wednesday 3 June 2020

Sending Sympathy - Tasteful Touches

So my girls last week asked for some Sympathy cards for our online Classic Class and of course I said sure leave it with me. Then I was stumped for a few day's trying to come up with a design.

Sympathy cards are those cards that we don't like to make, but really do need in our stash, as when they are needed they are kind of needed straight away. This particular one, is very soft and feminine and could easily be used for any occasion.


I love this gorgeous bloom in the new Tasteful Touches stamp set. It stamps beautifully and it's the perfect size for cards.

I used the masking technique for this card. I stamped the flower on a piece of printer paper and cut around it. Usually when I'm cutting something out I would leave a white border around it, but when creating a mask, you need to cut actually on the black line.

Once the flower is cut out, that then becomes your mask. I then stamped the flower image again onto my cardstock and I placed the mask over the top of that flower and stamped another flower next to it, slightly over lapping the flowers.

When you remove the mask, the flower underneath still looks clean and the second stamped flower looks like its in the background, behind the first flower. Always such a wow technique and so very easy.

A few white rhinestones and an embossed sentiment on some Rococo Rose and you have a simple almost peaceful card.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment