Thursday 25 June 2020

Cuppa and Cards - Under My Umbrella: Negative Masking Technique

It's Thursday and so it means it's time to share another Cuppa and Card class with you all.

This week I tried a new technique out called Negative Masking. I was totally inspired by a card from another Demo called Jaimie Babarczy and you can see her amazing card here on her blog, Stamp It Up With Jamie.

I'm a huge fan of Mikaela at the Crafty Oink Pen and couldn't help but use her design for this card. Make sure you check her card out too: The Crafty Oink Pen.

Usually when you want to mask an image, it's to let you lay multiple stamped images down, without stamping over the top of each other and leaving lines. But on today's card, I've actually used the negative to prevent the lines from going outside of my image.


As you can see in my little umbrella, I've stamped the flower image inside of the umbrella, but only on the inside. Nothing got stamped out side, leaving that area white.

Ok, so I know this technique is pretty hard to explain and so I thought it would be better if I made a quick video and actually showed you exactly what I mean and how to do it yourself. Your welcome!!


I hope you have fun finding ways you can use this in your crafting soon!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment