Monday 22 March 2021

Artisan March Showcase - Friends Are Like Seashells

When I saw that my Artisan project for March was the Sand and Sea Suite I felt a slight moment of panic. This suite has not only been available for three months already, but it's also been super duper popular. I just kept wondering how do I make something original from a well loved bundle and so I decided to go in a completely different direction:
Now, I know rainbows aren't the first thing you think of when you look at the Sand and Sea suite but stick with me. The ocean is actually full of colours and rainbows from the corals, to the fish, to the reefs. So really, rainbows actually makes heaps of sense... to me anyway lol.
 
My first card was a simple, skinny card with white heat embossed stamped images, that I then added watercolour too. I kept this pretty straight forward and using my (limited) knowledge of the colour wheel, to choose which colours to pair together. I think by adding the black sentiment really makes the card pop too.
Now for this next card, I thought I would carry on with the rainbow theme, (as I had all the inks out on my desk anyway!) but this time I created a full colour watercoloured wash background. I did this by adding ink to a piece of window sheet and then misting the whole sheet with water. I also misted a piece of watercolour paper and then put the two pieces together. After a bit of squishing, the colours blended together to create this awesome background.
Once it was dry, I ran the watercolour paper through the Cut and Emboss machine using the Seashells embossing folder. I also added a spritz of Frost shimmer paint, which also helped the inks blend together.
 
And so for my last card, I decided I wanted to create a card that made the gorgeous Sand & Sea designer series paper shine. This design is an oldie but a goodie and is perfect to use up left over piece of pattern paper.
To make sure it tied in with the other two cards, I once again added a black sentiment and white embossed shells.

I hope you've enjoyed my creations this month and please make sure you pop over to the Stampin' Up! Facebook page so you can check out all of the other creations from this awesome team.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

No comments :

Post a Comment