Friday 26 May 2017

TGIF #109 Spotlight Challenge Rochelle Blok - Santa's Sleigh

So this week is not actually my week for the TGIF crew but when I realised that it was a spotlight challenge and this month we were CASing my beautiful and extremely talented friend Rochelle Blok, how could I not take part.

I have always known how amazing Rochelle's creations are and this year Stampin' Up! also agreed and she was picked to serve on the Artisan Design Team. She seriously has so much talent and I suddenly thought, OMG how do you compete against!!

So after taking another look through her blog )I'm a regular visitor and if you aren't you really need to be) I noticed that Rochelle loves to add heaps of texture, layers and different elements. She also loves to add a bit of stitching, whether this is machine, hand or faux. So with that in mind, this is what I created:


Now, I do know that even though it's got a bit chilly here at home, I know we still have a while before Christmas, but I actually had this idea in my head for a while.

When I first flicked through the new Wood Textures paper, I instantly loved the look of the white washed wood pattern and it made me think of a Nordic winter. So with that and Rochelle's style, my card came together.

Now I want to point out my hand stitched edge that I have, bordering my card. Yes you heard me right I used my piercing tool and a ruler. measured out each hole and then hand stitched using our gorgeous copper thread. In fact I went around twice as one strand wasn't enough. it took almost an hour to do but I love the effect I got.

So now it's you turn to have a go at CASing Rochelle. She has so many beautiful cards to choose from that we are all really spoilt for choice. I can't wait to see which one you pick!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

1 comment :

  1. Perfect case! The hand stitching is to DIE for. Really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete