Friday 23 June 2017

Just Add Ink #365 Sketch Challenge - Message in a Bottle

Happy Friday gang. I've been a little quiet of late and that is because the kids, hubby and I have been busy enjoying the cooler days and the amazing outdoors that is the NSW. Last weekend, the Evanses set off over the mountains and visited our friends out at Gunnadeh. We honestly had the best time getting right back to nature.





We visited a few national parks, saw some waterfalls, made a campfire and roasted some marshmallows and of course had a barbie. Some times in the winter I like to hibernate and not venture to far but our no motto it to get out and spend more time connecting together.

But now back to today's post for Just Add Ink, which is a sketch challenge that the awesome Karren came up with.
http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/06/just-add-ink-365sketch.html
I loved this sketch and I'm sure I'll be using it lots over the next coming weeks, that's for sure. I decided to open one of my new stamps called Message in a Bottle for my creation this week:


When I saw this stamp set in the catty I knew it had to have it and sure enough it was the first set I ordered. The sentiments and images are ideal for my kids, who just happen to love all things ocean themed.

I actually made this card for my daughter, for no reason but just because. I plan to pop it in the post and send it to her, as who doesn't love receiving happy mail!!

And if you are wondering how I made the "fish netting" behind the image, well surprise, surprise it is our new copper trim ribbon that I have stretched out. How awesome does it look!!

Well that it's for me today. I hope you guy's check out what the other demo's have been up to and don't forget to take part this week.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

7 comments :

  1. Too cute! Geez, between you and Kelly l'm going to be broke, l now need this set as well..:0)
    Love how you've used the woodgrain and copper elements Chlo, that ribbon is the perfect accent for the mermaid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wee mermaid is just the cutest and you are so clever to stretch out the ribbon to make netting - looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Chloe this is just the sweetest! You absolutely aced nautical and that little mermaid is so cute. You are going to make your girl very happy with this special surprise. (I loved the family photos too!). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is super-cute, Chloe. I hadn't even given this stamp set a second look ... might have to reconsider! Love the copper "netting" - very clever touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is just gorgeous Chloe! Your mermaid is super cute and I too adore your copper netting idea - so clever! And what a wonderful surprise for your daughter when her special card arrives in the mail! So glad you enjoyed your trip away too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that's so sweet! What a lovely surprise for your daughter to receive such a gorgeous card. I'm glad you had a lovely time away in Gunnedah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I hopefully can do this it's my first attempt I may have to call on you for some help it's just a heads up thanks

    ReplyDelete