Wednesday 3 August 2016

Little Golden Bird - Best Birds

I finally got to have another play with my favorite bundle in the Annual Catalogue which is the Best Bird bundle. This time around though I wanted to play with the little birds that don't actually have matching stamps. There are three of these birds in the framelit set that die cut whole birds not just cut an outline and my card today showcases ones of them:


I think it's the gold glimmer paper that really gives this card the wow factor. I used my fantastic precision plate to make all the little pieces from this little fella just fall out. The plate is awesome for intricate dies like this.

I made the background by applying a Soft Sky watercolour wash and then once it had dried I then stamped over the top, again in Soft Sky, using the burlap looking stamp.

I bet you are all wondering what I used as the background circle for the little bird?!? Well its a doily that I had cut the "frilly" bit off. I found it on my desk (yes I'm terrible at cleaning up) and I thought, hmmmm I think that might work!!

The Best Birds bundle really is my favorite item in the catalogue and I have loved every card I've made with it so far, it's super versatile too. So if you haven't got your very own set yet, make sure you add it to your wishlist straight away, or even better pop over to my Store and buy it today!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment