Friday 10 June 2016

TGIF #59 Sketch Challenge - Celebrate Today

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/06/tgifc59.html

Super quick birthday card was needed today for Mr 6, who has a birthday party tomorrow. Man, that boy is popular, which is great, until you have to make tons of boy cards all the time!!

Well, as it was also my week over at TGIF I thought I might as well kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. We have a fantastic sketch challenge and it made it so easy to whip up a card:

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/06/tgifc59.html
And here is my card with my interpretation of the sketch:


I'm absolutely mad about our new 2016/18 in-colours. I really didn't think I would be as my heart still aches for Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar, but these colours are really finding their way into my heart.

Now, I know everyone is out there using all the super new stamps, but I still love to play with a few old favorites and Celebrate Today just happens to be one of them. This set is fantastic for boy cards as the balloons are so masculine but they are also perfect to be turned into a shaker cards which is exactly what I did here.

Well, all I have to do is wrap the present, which my son told me was absolutely Epic and that's my mummy jobs done for the night... must be time for a glass of wine!!

I hope you have a fantastic long weekend (well here in Australia it is), and make sure you hop on over and check out the other DT's cards and find some time to join us. This sketch really is an all round goodie!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

  Product List 
 
Number Of Years Photopolymer Bundle
Number Of Years Photopolymer Bundle
[140811]
$85.75

2 comments :

  1. Love how you stamped the balloon image and made a shaker with the 7! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with a young boy feel - love the way you've put it together.

    ReplyDelete