Wednesday 15 April 2020

Creating Masks and Stencils - Thinking of You

Hi guys, I've got some really exciting cards to share with you all today. If you are a follower on my Facebook page or Instagram, you may have already seen the start of these cards and now I get to share them completely finished, hooray!



Aren't they lovely. I just love how these blended panels have came together. And they are so easy to make too.

I know there are other brands of templates and masks on the market, buy why buy something that you can easily create with items you already have in your craft room. Especially when a lot of the "other" masks are sized for the US sizing, where creating them yourselves you can make it fit your own card sizes.

First I cut a piece of window sheet/acetate to a size bigger then my usual card size. I'm a messy crafter and I didn't want to accidentally put ink where it shouldn't be.

I also cut a standard size card front from a piece of scrap cardstock and lined it up in the middle of the window sheet. I then used a black pen to draw around the outside of the cardstock, so I know have an outline on the window sheet. I use this to line up card fronts, when I start blending.

Choose one of the stitched rectangles to the size that you like and cut out the middle of your mask. This then becomes your template.

The best thing about these masks, is you can cut any shape you have a die off. Circles, Ovals, hearts, stars, the list really is endless.

I'm so excited to try out a few other different shapes myself, so I'm sure there will be more blended cards in my very near future... watch this space!

Happy Crafting,
Chloe


Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment