Saturday 27 July 2019

Floating Frame Technique - Bird Ballad

This technique is such a fun one and I have seen so many gorgeous cards made with this same design. I originally saw this card made by Jennifer McGuire. In fact I believe her husband actually invented the Glad Press and Seal, which is the product you will need for this technique. Cool husband to have!

Now, I do know that here in Australia, we can't seem to source Press and Seal, but I have heard that it can be purchased online, so have a bit of a Google for it. I actually picked mine up when I went to Florida with Stampin' Up last year.

OK so let's a take a look at the card, so you can see what all the hype is on it:
So super pretty right!! And the best thing is, because we cut a space for the sentiment, we can then use the left over piece to make another card.


Ok, so I'm guessing you all want to know how to actually make this card and did I actually fussy cut all those birds and flowers (I actually used my Scan N Cut for that and have a video HERE about it)

Well the good news is, I have uploaded a video tutorial for you all and have included all the measurements below. I know, I'm so good to you xxx

Card Measurements

Base - 8" x 5 3/4"
Whisper White Mat - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"
DSP - 5 3/8" x 3 5/8"

And while you are checking out my YouTube channel, don't forget to hit the subscribe button and ring the little bell, so you can be the first to see my other creations and tutorials.

I really do love this set and think everyone should have this suite in their collection and that paper you are going to want to hoard, so while you are buying one, just add another pack in. You certainly won't regret it!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

 Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment